What is Fertility Massage?
Fertility massage is a therapy that can improve your chances of conceiving and it is recommended as a stand alone treatment or can be used in conjunction with other forms of fertility treatment.
In an article entitled “Massage Therapy Aids Fertility Treatment”, author and expert Nicole Cutler L.Ac. suggests that many people are aware of massage’s benefits for pregnant women, but few realize how valuable massage therapy can be to a woman undergoing fertility treatment.
“Considering the expense required by today’s infertility programs, the expense of a massage is minimal. Despite its seemingly low cost compared to modern assisted reproductive technologies, massage therapy can be just what the doctor ordered to yield a much wanted pregnancy.”
What Are The Benefits of Fertility Massage?
Fertility massage boosts egg health by increasing oxygenated blood flow to the ovaries which are often suffocated due to an impaired ovulation cycle wherein they suffer from a lack of nutrients and oxygenated blood.
Fertility massage also can:
- increase circulation to the fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus
- reduce inflammation and release adhesions that might be impeding conception
- ease emotional tension and induce relaxation
- calm stress-related conditions by engaging the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest)
- benefit the endocrine and hormone systems for women with hormone-related problems